Donated October 11, 1910. The statue of the Shoshone Indian "Bird Woman" who in 1805 guided the Lewis and Clark expedition from Missouri River to the Yellowstone was dedicated to the State of North Dakota.
The box car was donated on February 9, 1949 by the people of France. This box car and many others like it transported approximately 40 soldiers or 8 horses to and from fighting fronts in France during WWI and WWII.
This monument is dedicated to all North Dakotans who served in the armed forces during the first 100 years of statehood. Inscribed on the bronze tablets permanently encased are 4,050 men and women who have given their lives during the nation's wars.