Parking During Legislative Session
Today marks the beginning of the 66th legislative session. Parking can be a challenge during the few months the legislature is in session. The following and this map can help:
- The parking lot located immediately to the west of the capitol building is reserved for legislators only.
- State employees who normally park here can park in the lot directly north of this lot, or in the two newer parking lots located to north of the 4th Street entrance and west of the entrance on Divide Avenue.
- A limited number of state employee parking spaces are also available on the very outside north and west sides of the state official's parking lot that is designated by the green "Permitted Parking Only" signs.
- In addition to the designated visitor parking lot on the south side of the capitol building, visitors can park on the capitol mall, located on the south side.
- Visitors should park on the south side and must enter the capitol building under the tunnel, for security reasons. Four electronic reader boards will direct visitors to use the south entrance to capitol.
If you have questions or concerns about parking during the legislative session, please contact Facility Management at 701.328.2471.