Transfer Property for Disposal
Items that are surplus to the needs of a state agency must be reported to State Surplus Property regardless of its condition. The property is then disposed of according to NDCC 54-44-04.6. It is the policy of the State of ND that surplussed items be reutilized in such a manner as to prevent material benefit to any employee by virtue of their employment.
AssetWorks is a Software as a Service(SaaS) used to electronically track the disposal of property. It is the disposal method for state agencies. Contact State Surplus Property at 701.328.9665 for access and training.
- AssetWorks Agency User Guide This is for agency users to utilize and reference for understanding the various processes and best practices throughout the system.
- Logging into AssetWorks (3min) Users with NDGOV logins should use their state Active Directory username and password.
- Creating a Surplus Transfer (24min) Disposing of property.
- Approve a Surplus Transfer (3min) Approving the transfer of property.
- Accessing AssetWorks Reports (3min) How to run reports.
- Barcode Fonts Zip File Install these fonts on the computer you will be using AssetWorks on. See page 21 of the AssetWorks Agency User Guide for instructions.
SFN 61230 Liaison/Approver and User Designation Form
SFN 61230 Liaison/Approver and User Designation is the form to used to gain access to AssetWorks.
State agencies and political subdivisions gain online access by designating representatives for AssetWorks User and Approver rights.
SFN 2426 State Property Disposal Form
SFN 2426 State Surplus Property Disposal is the form used by political subdivisions when not utilizing AssetWorks. Multiple quantities of like items may be listed on one form. Use a separate form for different items.
Agencies will not receive a copy of disposal paperwork and should save a copy for their records.
Disposal paperwork can be faxed to Surplus Property at 701.328.9669, emailed to Surplus, sent inside mail to Surplus Property, or mailed to:
North Dakota Surplus Property
600 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58505-0608