State Surplus Property
The purpose of ND State Surplus Property is to reutilize, recycle and redistribute federal and state surplus property. Taxpayer money is saved by transferring property to eligible entities and disposing of electronic waste (e-waste) in a safe and responsible manner.
- Dispose of unsalable property in a safe, responsible manner
- Distribute state, federal, and law enforcement surplus property to North Dakota government entities and eligible nonprofits
- Recycle electronic waste through our state term recycling contract
- Sell state surplus property to the public
Am I Eligible?
- Educational facilities
- Political subdivisions
- Qualifying nonprofits
- SBA 8(a) contractors
- State agencies
For a nominal shipping and handling fee you can acquire federal surplus. To find out if you are eligible to receive federal items from ND State Surplus Property, submit the SFN 17726 Eligibility Application form to Surplus. For questions, call Surplus Property at 701.328.9665.
Forms and Manuals
- ND Surplus Property Manual
- SFN 54201 Authorized Representative - An authorized representative is designated to acquire federal surplus property, obligate necessary funds for this purpose, and execute distribution documents agreeing to terms, conditions, reservations, and restrictions applying to all property obtained. These individuals are the "buyers" for your agency.
- SFN 61230 Liaison/Approver and User Designation - Gain access to the online system AssetWorks to enter items to be surplussed. Also view your agency’s surplus history.
- NASASP Associate Membership Application