State Surplus Property
The purpose of ND State Surplus Property is to reutilize, recycle and redistribute federal and state surplus property. Taxpayer money is saved by transferring property to eligible entities and disposing of electronic waste (e-waste) in a safe and responsible manner.
- Distribute state, federal, and law enforcement surplus property to North Dakota government entities and eligible nonprofits
- Sell state surplus property to the public
- Recycle electronic waste through our state term recycling contract
- Dispose of unsalable property in a safe, responsible manner
Am I Eligible?
- State agencies
- Political subdivisions
- Educational facilities
- Qualifying nonprofits
- SBA 8(a) contractors
For a nominal shipping and handling fee you can acquire donated federal surplus property and equipment. To find out if you are eligible to purchase federal property from ND State Surplus Property, submit the SFN 17726 Eligibility Application form to email@example.com. For questions, call Surplus Property at 701.328.9665.
Forms and Manuals
- SFN 54201 Authorized Representative An authorized representative is designated to acquire federal surplus property, obligate necessary funds for this purpose, and execute distribution documents agreeing to terms, conditions, reservations, and restrictions applying to all property obtained.
- SFN 59340 Surplus Property Liaison Designation State Surplus Property Office requests each agency and institution designate a person to be responsible for the surplus property functions of the organization. Agencies can have more than one State Surplus Property Liaison. Agencies can assign Liaisons at the agency or division/section level.
- Federal Property
- NASASP Associate Membership Application