Service Award Program
The Service Award Program is used for recognition of an employee's service with the state.
- Retirement Awards of a certificate signed by the Governor and/or a plaque and a gift not to exceed $200 in value are given to those employees who have a minimum of 15 years of service and who have not been previously recognized for a retirement by the State.
- Cash cannot be used as part of a service or retirement award.
- An employee receives a certificate or plaque and a gift not to exceed the value as specified below:
- 3 years - $25
- 5 years - $50
- 10 years - $100
- 15 years - $150
- 20 years - $200
- 25 years - $250
- 30 years - $300
- 35 years - $350
- 40 years - $400
- 45 years - $450
- 50 years + 5-year increments - $500
- Agencies may use gift cards or gift certificates or, at their discretion, allow employees to select a gift from a specific source.
- Agencies shall interpret retirement as meaning accepting a retirement benefit from a North Dakota state retirement program.
- Service awards may be postponed or withheld if there are documented problems with an employee's performance.