Each agency subject to the rules concerning performance management must develop and use a program to provide for the development and management of the performance of each classified employee.
- A classified employee must be informed of the responsibilities assigned to the employee's position and the expected level of performance.
- Performance reviews should be conducted at least annually or as needed.
- Agencies may base their performance management program on either an individual-based performance appraisal or on a team-based performance review.
- Performance reviews must be in a written format and a copy placed in the employee's file only after the employee acknowledges having read the material by signing the document.
- The approach of the performance management program should be to develop the individual employee or to help employee teams deal with process problems.