Hours of Work
- The standard work week for state employees is 40 hours.
- Agencies are responsible for designating the start and finish of the work week so that overtime pay may be correctly calculated for non-exempt employees.
- Most state offices are open and must be staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, work schedules may vary significantly based on agency operations (i.e. field offices, service to the public and clients, 24 hour institutions, etc.)
- Agencies are responsible for scheduling each employee’s work hours, including any flex scheduling policies.
- Agencies are encouraged to use flexible scheduling where possible to promote employee engagement.