- A grievance is a dispute or disagreement between an employee and the employer over a complaint or certain employer actions.
- Each agency is required to have a grievance procedure.
- The grievance procedure must involve the use of a standard form and certain steps and provisions.
- Some grievances may be appealed to Human Resource Management Services following completion of the agency's grievance process.
- Each party to a grievance should attempt to resolve the dispute at the lowest possible level.
- Supervisors and managers should make a concerted effort to learn the facts associated with a grievance before responding to it.
- Human Resource Management Services has a model form, SFN 18409 Employee Grievance, available for agency use.