Employee Assistance Program
It is the policy of the State of North Dakota that:
- Services are available through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) when problems that affect job performance are encountered relating to physical illness, mental or emotional illness, marital or family relations, alcoholism, or drug abuse.
- No employee will have job security or promotional opportunities jeopardized for requesting counseling or referral assistance.
- When necessary, annual and sick leave may be granted for treatment or rehabilitation.
- Assistance is also available in situations involving an employee's spouse or other dependents.
- Supervisors should help employees identify performance problems and assist employees in securing treatment.
- Supervisors should not attempt to diagnose the cause of an employee's problem.
- Reference the PERS website to find the designated EAP provider for your agency.
Executive Order Number 1981-11