State of North Dakota's Performance Management Process
This website is designed for managers and HR administrators to provide an overview of North Dakota's Performance Management Process (PMP) and to provide tools and resources, such as ePerformance, to use the process more effectively.
Value of Performance Management
- Drives Accountability throughout the organization
- Ensures there is alignment between individuals' goals and objectives and their agency's goals and strategic plans
- Drives clear expectations with measurable, objective criteria
- Provides opportunities for feedback to employees
- Supports individual development planning to expand individuals' skill sets
Guiding Principles of Performance Management
- People drive improved performance, not forms. Focus is relationships and feedback
- Performance management is a partnership between the manager and the employee
- There should be no surprises at review time
- Specific and objective feedback is key
- All individual performance goals should be linked to those of the department or agency
- Performance should be evaluated on what is to be accomplished as well as how it is to be accomplished
- Performance should be carefully measured and documented to ensure fairness and objectivity
For questions about State of North Dakota's overall performance management process, please contact the HRMS Director at 701.328.3290.
The PS ePerformance module enables strategic goals and objectives to be driven downward in the organization. The Business Objectives Chart is a new interactive graphical tool that allows higher level objectives to be cascaded downward through the organization. This new capability should make agency directors very happy, their department managers happier, and their employees will gain insight of how the agency’s goals relate to them and their performance.
- Create and Publish Business Objectives (Strategic Planning)
- Display Objectives in an Organization Chart View
- Link Individual Goals to Business Objectives
- Simplified ePerformance Document Creation Processes
- Electronic Document Sign-off
- Targeted Performance Notes
Profiles can be created for employees through self-service, manager self-service or administrator access. Profiles include such information as: Competencies, skills, certifications, licenses (and their expiration dates), education, professional memberships, project participation, and any other item the State wishes to track.
Career and Succession Planning
Planning careers enables you to retain and motivate employees by providing structure for development activities focused on advancement. Succession planning is the process of identifying the long range needs and cultivating a supply of internal talent pools to meet those needs.
Manager HR Desktop
eProfile Manager Desktop is a collaborative application that gives managers greater input and control over employee information. With eProfile Manager Desktop, managers in agencies can perform routine tasks necessary to manage direct reports. eProfile Manager Desktop supports the following business processes:
- Review employee information. (Non-Public information listed: Home & Mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth, emergency contacts)
- Initiate change of employees' reporting manager.
- Initiate transfer of employees.
- Initiate promotion of employees.
- Initiate change of employees' location.
- Initiate change of employees' full-time or part-time status.
- Initiate retirement of employees.
- Initiate termination of employees.
Agencies can request this functionality. Primary duties as the Agency Lead would be to act as the point of contact to disseminate information to the agency about the Talent Management suite and represent the agency's needs for configuration and requirements.
- Competencies, definitions, rating model explanation
- Employee ePerformance Job Aid
- HR Administrator's Guide
- Manager ePerformance Job Aid
- North Dakota PMP Managers Guide
- Security request link to HR payroll form
For questions with PeopleSoft ePerformance, please contact the HRMS Business Analyst Lead at 701.328.3290.