The Risk Management Division provides loss control services to implement effective safety and risk management and loss control practices. Included in these services are:
- Audits of state facilities to identify hazards where potential loss warrants prevention efforts; to assess the adequacy of current resources for loss prevention; and to evaluate programs currently in place.
- Providing standardized incident, notice of claim, and related reporting forms to facilitate reporting of claims, potential claims, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts.
- Providing monthly reports to entities of their claims, lawsuits, and incidents to assist them to track their exposures and incurred losses.
- Publishing the Risk Management Manual as a resource on loss control. This manual is updated on a regular basis.
- Sponsoring a biannual Risk Management Seminar that focuses on identified exposures resulting in losses to state agencies.
- Providing customized loss control training to include how to establish a loss control committee for your agency.
Loss Control Documents
- Attendance Record
- Employee Acknowledgment
- Facility Use Agreement - General
- Facility Use Agreement - Political Subdivisions
- Guide to Reviewing Loss Run Reports
- Guidelines for Loss Control Committees
- Memo Appointing Loss Control Committee Members
- Minutes Format
- Waiver of Liability, Indemnification, and Medical Release
- Waiver of Liability, Indemnification, and Medical Release, Parent's or Guardian's Agreement of