Request Supplier ID or Maintenance
New vendors (suppliers and individuals) looking to receive payment from the state should use our on-line supplier registration pages to "Register as a Supplier". The registration process consists of five short pages which allow the vendor to provide necessary information to the Vendor Registry Office. All registrations will require the appropriate US W-9 or Foreign W-8 form be submitted. All supplier registrations will be reviewed and go through the approval process of the Vendor Registry Office. For questions, contact email@example.com or 701.328.2773.
Exempt from Supplier Self-Registration
There are some instances in which an agency is required to use the Vendor Registry Work Request System for their supplier requests or changes.
- Supplier is unable or unwilling to use the Supplier Online registration tool.
- One-time suppliers with payments under $600
- Exception: Any supplier payment that qualifies for 1099-G or 1099-S reporting still needs a W-9, as the $600.00 limit does not apply.
- Supplier change to existing supplier and wish to add a 1099 class.
- Supplier change to add a new Location.
How to Request a Supplier (Payee)
- Send the appropriate form to the supplier (payee) looking to get paid. IRS does occasionally change verbiage on their forms, so make sure to send the most recent form.
- The payee should return the completed paperwork to the requesting agency, signed, and dated.
- The agency will submit a request using the Vendor Registry Work Request System with the necessary paperwork attached.