Central Services provides administration, support, and training of the PeopleSoft Purchasing module. For questions, contact State Procurement Office or 701.328.1729.
Get Help with the PeopleSoft Purchasing Module
Login to the Vendor Registry Work Request System and submit a 'Non-Vendor Request'.
Questions on workflow or data entry? Review the help documents below for self-help.
Understanding Purchasing Module Terms and Workflow
Guides and Checklists for Data Entry
Buyers (Purchase Orders)
Create and Print a Purchase Order
Change or Cancel a Purchase Order
Review a Purchase Order
Approvers (Requisitions and Purchase Orders)
- Final Approval in Work list - Before a purchase order can be printed/dispatched, it must be approved following the workflow setup procedures for your agency.
- Workflow Status
Month End/Reconciliation - Agency Purchase Order Administrator Functions
Closing POs, Receipts and Requisitions
- Automatic PO Close Process
- Closing POs
- PO Closing Errors
- Budget Checking Closed POs and Requisitions
- Viewing Closed POs
- Closing Receipts
- Closing Requisitions
Reopen a Closed PO
- Using the Reconciliation Workbench
- Purchase Order Activity Report
- Purchasing Inquiries
- Outstanding Encumbrances
Communication is required between the accounts payable users and the purchasing department to ensure POs are closed correctly, releasing agency encumbrances and providing tracking of the procure-to-pay cycle.
Biennium End Procedures for Purchase Orders
- Manually Rolling Your POs
- Four Steps to Change Dates on Existing POs
- PowerPoint Biennium End Instructions (2.36 MB pdf)
- Spreadsheet to Mass Reopen POs in New Biennium
Request Access to Purchasing Functions
Once OMB has granted security access, the agency's Purchase Order Administrator must set up the user as a buyer, requester, or both depending on access requested.
One-time Purchasing Maintenance/Setup