State Procurement Update
OMB is still planning to change the bidding thresholds, but the change will not be effective July 1. State agency procurement officers must continue to use the current thresholds until a change is formally announced by OMB. More information related to this project will be provided later in July.
Electronic Receipt Coming to SPO Online
Changes are being made to SPO Online to enable electronic receipt of bids and proposals. Development is completed, and the application is currently being tested. Training will be provided to agencies when the functionality is ready for production.
Revisions will be issued to the State Procurement Manual effective August 1 regarding law changes related to:
- public improvement thresholds;
- architect, engineering, and land surveying thresholds; and
- elimination of the report of services requirement.
This is the time of year many agencies purge records and set up files for the new fiscal year.
- Solicitations, Contracts, Leases and Agreements are retained for 6 years after the contract expiration.
- Solicitations, Contracts, Leases and Agreements not executed must be retained for one year.
Procurement Advisory Council Meeting
OMB will host a Procurement Advisory Council meeting on July 12 from 10:00 - 11:00 am in the Red River Room at the Capitol.
For questions, contact Sherry Neas, Director of the OMB Central Services Division, 701.328.1726.