2018 Voluntary Separation Incentive Program (VSIP)
A Voluntary Separation Incentive Program (VSIP) is being offered to agencies as a tool to assist them when planning for the 2019-21 biennium budget. Agencies will independently determine whether or not it is beneficial to offer the program to their employees. This will be determined based on each agency’s budget planning process and specific business objectives.
Under the VSIP, eligible staff in participating agencies will be offered a financial incentive if they voluntarily choose to separate from employment. Following are specific program details and requirements:
- 2018 VSIP Online Presentation of Program Details and Requirements (recommended)
- 2018 VSIP Summary of Impact to NDPERS Benefits Document
- 2018 VSIP Program FAQ Document
- 2018 VSIP Employee Participation Application Form
- 2018 VSIP Separation Agreement and Release Form
The application period for this program in participating agencies starts on July 9, 2018 and ends August 24, 2018.
If you have questions about the VSIP, please contact your employing agency's HR office or HRMS at 701.328.3290.
If you have questions about how the VSIP will impact your retirement, insurance or other benefits, please contact NDPERS at 701.328.3900.