11th Annual Showcase of Trees
The ND State Capitol will feature a showcase of Christmas trees. A themed tree is a fun way for agencies and other groups to compete and provide a display showing what their agency/group is all about. Bismarck Arts and Galleries and/or the ND Council on the Arts will judge the Christmas trees on display based on: Most Creative; Most Patriotic; Most Attractive; Best Theme; and Best Representation of Agency/Organization.
- Trees can be put up November 23 through December 3, 2018 between 7:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m.
- All trees must be taken down by December 31, 2018.
- Trees must be less than 6 feet tall.
- Christmas trees that are entirely metal in construction are prohibited from using any type of electrical lighting or wiring for decorations.
- If the artificial tree is other than metal, it needs to be non‐combustible.
- If using lights, trees must have the UL label on them.
- There a limited number of electrical outlets available--tree location will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Agencies/groups must provide their own extension cord(s).
- Trees must not block stairways, halls, exits and cannot cover any exit signs.
- The Fire Department asked that trees be placed along the walls.
- Facility Management staff will take care of any items that may fall off the trees.
- The individual agency/group is responsible for creating their own sign by their tree.
- Signs should be no larger than 10 X 20 inches.
- Security will not be responsible for lost or stolen items, as the trees are in located in a public space.
If interested in displaying a tree, please contact Ronda at 701.328.1040.