Open 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you have a mail handling or postage question, contact 701.328.2481 or visit the United States Postal Service (USPS) website.
- The USPS picks up mail from the collection box on ground floor of the capitol tower (elevator lobby) and from the Central Mailing Bureau at 4:00 p.m. each day.
- State agencies must have all presorted mail to the mailroom by 2:00 p.m. All USPS mail must be in the mailroom by 2:00 p.m. each day.
- Expedited mail drop boxes for UPS and Federal Express are located near the central mail room on ground floor of the capitol building and are available for business or personal use. Next day or 2nd day service delivery options are available.
- When shipping UPS for state agency business, the agency's shipper number is needed for billing.
- When shipping Fed Ex for state agency business, the agency's Fed Ex account number is needed for billing.
- When shipping personal items, both UPS and Fed Ex will accept check or credit card for payment.
Coordinate a Mailing with Central Duplicating
Central Duplicating provides the link between printing a project and standard bulk mail distribution. Provide Central Duplicating the mailing list (in Excel format) and the project will be prepared for mailing according to USPS requirements. Up to 20,000 envelopes can be printed for a project and the pieces can be addressed, barcoded, sorted and mailed. If you have questions contact Central Duplicating at 701.328.2772.Resources