The North Dakota Insurance Department has adopted a standard Filing Checklist format that lists all filings required during the current year from licensed companies.
New filings required in 2018: Variable Annuities Supplement, VM20 Reserves Supplement, Life PBR Exemption
Discontinued filings in 2018: None
Materially modified forms for filings in 2018: None
The Department no longer mails Annual Filing Instruction Packages to licensed companies, since all state-specific forms and filing information can be obtained directly from this website. Any licensed insurer that would like to receive the applicable Filing Checklist and state-specific forms should make a specific request to the Department.
The Department will also mail the amended pages for the Fire District Boundary Maps to any foreign property and casualty insurer that does not have the ability to download the map from this website.
Only insurers and health maintenance organizations domiciled within the state of North Dakota are required to file a hard copy of their Annual Statement and Quarterly Statements with this Department. Foreign insurers are required to file their Annual Statement and Quarterly Statements electronically with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
The Renewal Statement for Admitted Companies must be submitted using the North Dakota Insurance Department's enhanced Online Renewal System.
The Online Renewal System requires payment of the company's renewal fees by one of the following options:
- ACH credit - your financial institution or accounting department must originate payment; see the Online Renewal System for further instructions.
- Wire transfer - see the Online Renewal System for further instructions.
- Payment by check - a completed copy of the renewal statement must be included along with the company's check and postmarked by March 1 to avoid penalties.
If you have questions regarding the ACH credit or wire transfer processes, please contact the Department.
Please note that the Online Renewal System is designed to accept only originally filed renewal statements. Amended renewal forms cannot be submitted electronically. They must be mailed to the Department. Please contact the Department if you need an amended renewal form.
Health Company Abstract of Statement (SFN 53892)
Life Company Abstract of Statement (SFN 4803)
Property and Casualty Company Abstract of Statement (SFN 4802)
- Electronic filing of the company's abstract form is required.
- March 1 is the deadline for submitting the electronic abstract form.
- A filing fee of $30 is imposed by N.D.C.C. § 26.1-01-07.
- Publication fees are imposed under N.D.C.C. § 26.1-03-10 and N.D.C.C. § 46-05-03 and are billed directly to the insurance company by the North Dakota Newspaper Association.
- If amended abstract forms are filed after the March 1 deadline, an additional $30 filing fee and any applicable re-publication fees will be payable.