The North Dakota Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) is located on the Bismarck State College campus and houses a multi-purpose room, twenty-four dormitory rooms, three classrooms, a conference room, and four administrative offices.
TRAINING DIRECTOR: Lt. Daniel Haugen
TRAINING OFFICER: Sgt. Derek Arndt
TRAINING OFFICER: Sgt. Chad Hermanson
NDHP Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) Training
|Sept. 30 - Dec. 20, 2019||ND Basic (#135)||LETA|
|Oct. 1 -2, 2019||PREA (DOCR)||LETA|
|Oct. 7 - 18, 2019||Criminal Investigation (BCI)||LETA|
|Oct. 21 - 25, 2019||General Hazardous Materials||LETA|
|Dec. 9 - 13, 2019||NDHP Motor Carrier In-Service||LETA|
Click here for a printable July - December 2019 LETA training schedule.
How to Enroll
- Select the course(s) you are interested in attending.
- Determine whether you need housing. Please indicate if male or female housing is needed.
- Call the LETA at (701) 328-9966 or email the Training Academy.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you approximately two weeks before the beginning of class.
- Check-in for classes beginning at 8 a.m. will be from 8 - 9 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bedding is supplied by the LETA.
- Parking is provided in the upper lot to the west of the LETA building.
- The dormitory telephone numbers are (limited to emergency use only):
- Upper Dorm (701) 328-9975
- Lower Dorm (701) 328-9976
- For classes that do not begin until 1 p.m., it is preferred that individuals do not stay at the LETA the night before.
Phone: (701) 328-9966 Fax: (701) 328-9988
Mailing Address: 600 E Blvd Ave - Dept 504, Bismarck ND, 58505-0240
Building Address: 1320 Schafer Street, Bismarck ND, 58501
Upcoming Statewide Training
If you are hosting a training course and would like it posted on this website, please complete the Training Opportunities form (pdf) and fax, email or mail as detailed on the form.
For additional information on the courses listed below, please email or call the contact listed below.
|Desert Snow Street Level Interdiction||Desert Snow||605-293-9800||Oct. 8, 2019||Dickinson Public Safety Center, 2475 State Ave N, Dickinson|
|Foundational Principals of Force Science||Timothy Helmer||701-227-7419||Nov. 7 - 8, 2019||Dickinson Public Safety Center, 2475 State Ave N, Dickinson|
ND Opioid Antagonist Administration - click HERE for presentation