The North Dakota Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) is located at 1320 Schafer St., Bismarck. The LETA houses a multi-purpose room, four dormitory rooms, two classrooms, and an administrative office.
NDHP Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) Training
|June 3 - Aug. 23, 2019||ND Basic (#134)||LETA|
|July 29 - August 2, 2019||NDHP Youth Academy||LETA|
Click here for a printable January - June 2019 LETA training schedule.
How to Enroll
- Select the course(s) you are interested in attending.
- Determine whether you need housing. Please indicate if male or female housing is needed.
- Call the LETA at (701) 328-9966 or email the Training Academy.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you approximately two weeks before the beginning of class.
- Check-in for classes beginning at 8 a.m. will be from 8 - 9 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bedding is supplied by the LETA.
- Parking is provided in the upper lot to the west of the LETA building.
- The dormitory telephone numbers are (limited to emergency use only):
- Upper Dorm (701) 328-9975
- Lower Dorm (701) 328-9976
- For classes that do not begin until 1 p.m., it is preferred that individuals do not stay at the LETA the night before.
Phone: (701) 328-9966 Fax: (701) 328-9988
Mailing Address: 600 E Blvd Ave - Dept 504, Bismarck ND, 58505-0240
Building Address: 1320 Schafer Street, Bismarck ND, 58501
Training Director: Lt. Daniel Haugen
Field Training Officer: Sgt. Derek Arndt
Upcoming Statewide Training
If you are hosting a training course and would like it posted on this website, please complete the Training Opportunities form (pdf) and fax, email or mail as detailed on the form.
For additional information on the courses listed below, please email or call the contact listed below.
|Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (A.R.I.D.E.)||Trooper Tarek Chase||701-220-6671||June 12-13, 2019||Williams County Commission Room, 206 W Broadway, Williston|
|Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (A.R.I.D.E.)||Trooper Tarek Chase||701-220-6671||June 24-25, 2019||Stutsman County Law Enforcement Center, 205 6th St SE, Jamestown|
|Leadership for Women in Law Enforcement||912-267-2171||June 24-28, 2019||LETA, 1320 Schafer St. Bismarck|
Pat McCarthy's Street Crimes Seminar
Sept. 9-11, 2019
Dickinson Public Safety Center, 2475 State Ave N, Dickinson
|Threat Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) Training||Capt. Joe Cianni||
|Sept. 17, 2019||Dickinson Public Safety Center, 2475 State Ave N, Dickinson|
|Desert Snow Street Level Interdiction||Desert Snow||605-293-9800||Oct. 8, 2019||Dickinson Public Safety Center, 2475 State Ave N, Dickinson|
ND Opioid Antagonist Administration - click HERE for presentation