nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends

Top Navigation - Left

Can my son/daughter drive in ND with an instruction permit from another state/country?

No.  A nonresident who is at least sixteen years of age who has in that person's immediate possession a valid operator's license issued to that person in that person's home state or country may operate a motor vehicle in this state.  An instruction permit would not qualify.