Worker Protection Standard and Worker Safety
EPA's Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is a regulation aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisonings and injuries among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers. The WPS offers protections to over three and a half million people who work with pesticides at over 560,000 workplaces.
The WPS contains requirements for pesticide safety training, notification of pesticide applications, use of personal protective equipment, restricted entry intervals following pesticide application, decontamination supplies, and emergency medical assistance. If you wish to receive a hard copy of EPA’s How to Comply with the Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides: What Employers Need to Know, please contact the Department with your request.
For further information please contact:
ND Dept of Agriculture
600 E Boulevard Dept 602
Bismarck ND 58505-0020
Phone: (701) 328-1505
FAX: (701) 328-4567
- Agricultural Worker Protection Standard 40 CFR Parts 156 & 170 Interpretive Policy
- Final Interpretive Guidance Workgroup (IGW) Questions & Answers
- How To Comply With the Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides: What Employers Need To Know
- The Worker Protection Standard and Recent Amendments
- Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides