Paper certificate of veterinary inspection books are available from our office at: Animal Health Division, 600 E Boulevard Ave, Dept. 602, Bismarck, ND 58505. Please complete the Order Request form and send to our office, along with the amount due. The North Dakota State Board of Animal Health does not accept USDA APHIS Form 7001 for interstate movement of animals.
Electronic Interstate Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (eICVI) provide valuable efficiency to Accredited Veterinarians and their clients. Additionally, the use of electronic systems often ensures the regulatory requirements are met. Several eICVI systems exist and others are being developed. Veterinarians should contact their State Animal Health Official to obtain references to the systems that are recognized and available within their state. Below is a summary of current products available for North Dakota.
North Dakota approved versions of Electronic Interstate Certificates of Veterinary Inspection
mCVI Mobile App
New Planet Technologies
USDA/APHIS – VSPS
Universal Pros of using electronic CVI's:
- Time savings & improved efficiency.
- Copies are automatically sent to shipping and receiving state offices - no postage costs and easy to comply with the new interstate traceability requirements to submit CVI's to the State within 7 days
- Multiple ID numbers can be imported into the certificate – no time spent writing out tag numbers
- No need for attached sheets
- Improved legibility and accuracy
- Allows for real-time information exchange
Universal Cons of using electronic CVI's:
- Staff training and variable proficiency
- Learning curve
- Initial investment costs in technology