Community Orchard Project
The North Dakota Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce that grant funds are available to begin a community or school orchard/garden project. Grants from $500 to $7,500 will be available on a competitive basis. These grants are funded through a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant award.
Some of the goals that we hope schools and community partners adopt include:
- Connecting people to fruits, trees and nature
- Increased community engagement
- Increased awareness in specialty crops
- Service learning opportunities
- Better nutritional habits and awareness
Deadline: Grant applications must be received by January 20, 2017
A decision on the grant requests is expected to be made by March.
For additional information please contact Jamie Good at ND Dept. of Agriculture: email@example.com or 701-328-2659.