Farmers, ranchers, pesticide dealers and applicators, government agencies and homeowners with unusable pesticides can bring them to any of the Project Safe Send Sites listed below.
Project Safe Send is a safe, simple and non-regulatory program that helps people safely and legally get rid of unusable pesticides free of charge. Since 1992, thousands of people have brought in over 4 million pounds of pesticides to Project Safe Send.
The program accepts old, unusable or banned pesticides, including herbicides, insecticides, rodenticides and fungicides. For a list of accepted items, click on "Accepted Pesticides" in the left column. The collected pesticides are shipped out of state for incineration. Project Safe Send is funded through product registration fees paid by pesticide manufacturers.
People are urged to check their storage areas for any unusable pesticides and safely set them aside for Project Safe Send. If the containers are deteriorating or leaking, pack them in larger containers with absorbent materials. Free heavy-duty plastic bags are available from the North Dakota Department of Agriculture.
For more information on transporting your pesticides safely please view the additional information below.
Contact Jeremiah Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-425-3016 to pre-register. A maximum of 20,000 pounds of pesticides per participant will be accepted.
2017 Project Safe Send Sites
All collection sites are located at North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) facilities.
Open 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (local time).
|July 12||Ashley||520 7th St SW|
|July 13||Bismarck||218 Airport Rd|
|July 14||Hettinger||121 1st St N|
|July 17||Dickinson||1700 3rd Ave W Ste 101|
|July 18||Tioga||425 2nd St SE|
|July 19||Minot||1305 Hwy 2 Bypass E|
|July 20||Harvey||501 Jackson Ave|
|July 25||Wyndmere||7775 Hwy 18|
|July 26||Valley City||1524 8th Ave SW|
|August 1||Devils Lake||1905 Schwan Ave NW|
|August 2||Langdon||10424 Hwy 5|
|August 3||Larimore||1524 Towner Ave|
- July 12, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Ashley
- July 13, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Bismarck
- July 14, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Hettinger
- July 17, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Dickinson
- July 18, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Tioga
- July 19, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Minot
- July 20, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Harvey
- July 25, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Wyndmere
- July 26, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Valley City
- August 1, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Devils Lake
- August 2, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Langdon
- August 3, 2017 - Project Safe Send - Larimore