Research proposals sought for ND grape and wine industry
BISMARCK – Research proposals are being sought that support or promote the grape, wine and fruit industry in North Dakota.
“The North Dakota Grape and Wine Advisory Committee advises the North Dakota Department of Agriculture on the distribution of $76,100 allocated for industry research and promotion each biennium,” North Dakota Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring said. “The committee is now seeking qualified applicants for 2017.”
The grant criteria include:
- The potential impact on the grape, fruit, and wine industry and how effective the project is at enhancing the competitiveness of the industry.
- The expected measurable outcomes including specific goals, benchmarks and performance measure.
- Work plan feasibility and if tasks relate to the project objectives timeline and expected measurable outcomes.
- Matching funds and project commitment based on industry support and stakeholder involvement. In-kind contributions can be considered.
- Geographical considerations and multiple product application.
Applications and instructions can be found on the North Department of Agriculture’s website.
The deadline for proposals is 4 p.m. CDT Friday, Oct. 13, 2017.
Applicants will be asked to provide a presentation of up to 20 minutes about their proposals to the advisory committee with a question-and-answer period to follow.
The committee will screen the proposals and provide the Agriculture Commissioner with recommendations for awarding grants.