Mediation service can help with disaster aid paperwork

BISMARCK – Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring says farmers and ranchers who need help in applying for federal disaster funds can contact the North Dakota Mediation Service for assistance.

“USDA has announced that farmers and ranchers can begin signing up for disaster assistance programs on April 15,” Goehring said. “The Livestock Indemnity Program and the Livestock Forage Disaster Program pay eligible producers for livestock deaths and grazing losses since 2011.”

Goehring urged all producers who experienced losses to gather records documenting these losses before enrolling in the disaster programs.

“Your local Farm Service Agency county office can tell you what records they will need,” he said. “You should also schedule an appointment beforehand with the county office.”

Producers needing assistance with completing applications can call the North Dakota Mediation Service at (800) 642-4752.

More information is available at