North Dakota State University Food Safety, the North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) and the North Dakota Trade Office (NDTO) are offering “Navigating the Food Safety Modernization Act,” a presentation for food processors and handlers on the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
The presentation will be held from 1 to 5 p.m., Friday, April 12, in the North Dakota Trade Office conference room, located in the Schollander Pavilion 2nd Floor, Red River Valley Fairgrounds, 1805 West Main Ave. West Fargo.
Considered the most sweeping reform of U.S. food safety laws in more than 70 years, FSMA aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by shifting the focus from responding to contamination to preventing it. It gives the Food and Drug Administration new and enhanced mandates and authorities to protect consumers and promote public health
Topics to be covered in the half-day session will include:
- Overall review & understanding of FSMA
- Detailed review of the two proposed regulations
- Overview of expected business practices
- Discussion of industry expectations
- Documenting business practices
- Other resources available in North Dakota for further training
News media coverage of this event is welcome.