Industrial hemp meeting scheduled
BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) is hosting a meeting for prospective industrial hemp growers at 10 a.m., Friday, Dec. 15, in the Brynhild Haugland room on the ground floor of the State Capitol, 600 E. Blvd. Ave., Bismarck.
“This meeting is an opportunity for prospective industrial hemp growers to learn about agronomy, processing, marketing and program requirements for growing industrial hemp,” said Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring. “NDDA staff will be in attendance to answer questions and assist prospective growers in completing the necessary paperwork to be considered for the 2018 program.”
The following individuals are scheduled to speak or participate in a panel discussion:
- Jeff Kostuik, Director of Operations Central Canada, U.S. and International, Hemp Genetics International
- Dr. Burton Johnson –Professor of Sunflower, Minor and New Crop Production, North Dakota State University
- Roger Gussias, President of Healthy Oilseeds, LLC
- Steve Sebesta, Deputy Commissioner, North Dakota State Seed Department
- Clarence Laub, 2016 and 2017 Pilot Producer from Grant County
- Jamie Edwards, 2016 and 2017 Pilot Producer from LaMoure County
- Chris Adams, 2017 Pilot Producer from Grand Forks County
The complete agenda for the meeting is available here.