Goehring slates pesticide/fertilizer forum
BISMARCK – Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring has scheduled a “Pesticide and Fertilizer Forum” for 1 p.m., Monday, Dec. 2, at the Holiday Inn, 3803 13th Ave. S, in Fargo.
“The forum brings together pesticide and fertilizers users, applicators, dealers and manufacturers to learn about and discuss major issues and concerns related to agricultural chemicals,” Goehring said. “It is also an opportunity for these people to meet with North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) staff to let them know how the department can better meet their needs.”
Goehring said NDDA’s Pesticide and Fertilizer Division would provide presentations and lead discussions of variety of topics, including:
- Nutrient issues and water quality;
- Risk management plans for anhydrous ammonia facilities;
- A proposed pollinator plan;
- Proposed fertilizer rule changes;
- Pesticide business licenses;
- Pesticide emergency exemption needs for 2014.
Goehring said the forum is scheduled to coincide with the annual Ag Expo in Fargo, giving participants the opportunity to take part in both events.
The forum is open to the public.