Farm Service Agency offices to open for additional services
BISMARCK, N.D. – The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Sonny Perdue has announced that all Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices will soon reopen to provide additional services to farmers and ranchers.
All FSA offices across the country will open offices from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays beginning on Jan. 24 through Feb. 8. Offices will then be open the same hours three days a week, Tuesdays through Thursdays, beginning Feb. 11 until the lapse in federal funding is over.
The deadline to apply for the Market Facilitation Program has also been extended to Feb. 14. Other program deadlines may also be modified.
FSA staff members will be able to help producers with the following:
- Market Facilitation Program
- Marketing Assistance Loans
- Release of collateral warehouse receipts
- Direct and Guaranteed Farm Operating Loans, and Emergency Loans
- Service existing Conservation Reserve Program contracts
- Sugar Price Support Loans
- Dairy Margin Protection Program
- Agricultural Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage
- Livestock Forage Disaster
- Emergency Assistance Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish Program
- Livestock Indemnity Program
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program
- Tree Assistance Program
- Remaining Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program payments for applications already processed
For more information about the services that FSA can or cannot assist with, please visit https://www.fsa.usda.gov/help/shutdowninfo.