Deadline approaching to submit expenses for hay transportation assistance program
BISMARCK – The deadline to submit eligible expenses for the North Dakota Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Hay Transportation Assistance Program is Monday, Nov. 13.
The program will reimburse eligible producers for a portion of hay transportation expenses incurred between June 1 and Nov. 6, 2017.
Livestock producers interested in applying should go to NDDA’s website at www.nd.gov/ndda to fill out and submit an application or to download a paper version. Applications for the program must be submitted or postmarked by Nov. 13.
“After numerous requests, the deadline was extended two weeks to allow producers to finish purchasing and hauling winter hay stock,” Goehring said. “We’re encouraging those producers to take some time this week and submit their eligible expenses for this assistance program.”
Program eligibility requirements include:
- Must have been in a D2, D3 or D4 county.
- Must own at least 25 animal unit equivalents of dairy cattle, beef cattle, bison, sheep or goats. A description of animal unit equivalents may be found directly on the application.
- Hay must be used for the purposes of the producer’s own livestock operation.
- In lieu of transporting hay, producers who transported breeding livestock outside of drought counties are also eligible.
- Straw used for feed is also eligible.
- Transportation costs must have been incurred between June 1 and Nov. 6, 2017.
- Must have costs related to transportation outside of an applicant’s normal livestock operation.
Producers must provide verifiable records of livestock inventories and hay transportation expenses. The program will reimburse producers a portion of expenses dependent on the total amount of applications received and approved through the program. Other feeds and supplements are not included. Receipts are not required for personal transportation costs.
Funding for the program is provided through the Department of Emergency Services. The state emergency commission has approved $1.5 million for the program.
Questions about filling out the application may be directed to 1-844-642-4752.
MEDIA: For more information, please contact Michelle Mielke at 701-328-2233 or email@example.com.