The North Dakota Department of Agriculture is pleased to announce that grant funds are available to begin a community or school orchard/garden project. Grants from $500 to $7,500 will be available on a competitive basis. These grants are funded through a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant award.
Some of the goals that we hope schools and community partners adopt include:
- Providing educational opportunities to communities about planting, growing and maintaining specialty crops.
- Connecting people to fruits, trees and nature
- Increased community engagement
- Increased awareness in specialty crops
- Service learning opportunities
Deadline: Grant applications must be received by January 11, 2019 (Deadline extended to January 31, 2019)
A decision on the grant requests is expected to be made by March 2019.
(For best results, we recommend using Internet Explorer to download the application.
If application does not open in browser, please download to your computer to fill out.)