Organic Field Day
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 1:30pm to 9:00pm
Dickinson, North Dakota 58601
July 11, 2012 - Organic Field Day
NDSU Dickinson Research Center
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: JULY 6, 2012 - to register call 1-701-883-4304.
8:30-9 am MDT Registration and parking at the Dickinson Recreation Center
9 am MDT Welcome from NDSU President Dean Bresciani and DREC Director Kris Ringwall on the DREC Grounds
9:15-11:45 am MDT Field Tour
- Perry Miller, Montana State University, “Long-term organic cropping systems at Bozeman: Problems and Possibilities”
- Kevin McPhee, NDSU, “Dry Pea Breeding at NDSU and Considerations for Organic Production”
- Greta Gramig, NDSU, “Using Ecological Principles to Manage Weeds in Organic Farming Systems”
- Mike McMullen, NDSU, “Small Grain Breeding For Organic Systems – Oats”
- Pat Carr, NDSU, “Our Goal is OZ: Organic Zero-Till!”
12:45-1:30 pm MDT Ken Miller, Burleigh County SCD, “Conventional Farmer Advice on Transitioning to Organic”
1:30-2:00 pm MDT Steve Zwinger and Frank Kutka, Northern Plains Sustainable Ag Society Farm Breeding Club, “FBC Project Highlights”
2-3 pm MDT Mark Haas and Shauna Sadowski, Annie's Naturals, “Growth in Organic Retail Sales – Does this Translate as Growth in Producer Revenues?”
Don't miss this year's speaker!
Mark Haas of Annie's Naturals - Producer to Brand Economics in the Organic Food Industry
The Watermelon Social on the DREC Grounds at 3:00 will wrap up the day!