Welcome to the North Dakota Department of Agriculture's Emergency Feed Transportation Assistance Program page.
Along with filling out the application linked below, the following two forms must be downloaded and submitted to be eligible for payments:
- A current completed, signed and dated IRS W-9 form. Click here to download the W-9 form.
- A completed and signed third-party verification form. Click here to download the third-party verification form.
- Third party verifiers include a loan officer, veterinarian or NDSU County Extension Agent.
The application will not submit online without the above items included.
The criteria for participation in the Emergency Feed Transportation Assistance Program is as follows:
- Must have verifiable feed losses which required the producer to purchase supplemental feed or haul breeding livestock to a feedlot. Examples include:
- Producer was unable to cut corn at the appropriate time to make silage.
- Producer had hay that was flooded.
- Producer lost access to hay or other feed.
- Must own at least 25 animal unit equivalents of dairy cattle, beef cattle, bison, sheep or goats. A description of animal unit equivalents may be found directly on the application.
- Feed must be used for the purposes of the producer’s own livestock operation.
- The following will be considered feed: hay or any other forage (excluding silage), wheat midds, beet pulp, canola meal, sunflower meal, soybean hulls.
- Straw used for feed is also eligible.
- Other feeds and supplements will be considered on a case by case basis
- Transportation costs must have been incurred between Sept. 30, 2019 and Jan. 31, 2020.
- Must have costs related to the transportation of feed outside of an applicant’s normal livestock operation.
Producers must provide verifiable feed losses through photos, written descriptions and third-party verifications. Applicants must have receipts for purchased feed and transportation costs. Transportation costs will be reviewed and approved based on standard trucking rates. The program will reimburse producers a portion of expenses dependent on the total amount of eligible applications received and approved through the program.
Applications must be submitted or postmarked by Feb. 10, 2020. Only costs incurred between Sept. 30, 2019, and Jan. 31, 2020, are eligible for reimbursement assistance.
NOTE: Receipts are not required for personal transportation of feed. Please note where the feed originated and, if necessary, the person and/or land area feed was purchased from.
If you wish to complete a paper version of the application, it is available for download here. Paper copies of the application can be obtained by mail. Please call 800-242-7535 to request a paper copy. Please complete the application and return it to:
Emergency Feed Transportation Assistance Program
North Dakota Department of Agriculture
600 East Boulevard Ave. Dept. 602
Bismarck, ND 58505