Farm Food Safety Workshop - Mayville State University
Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 9:00am to 4:00pm
330 3rd St NE
Mayville, North Dakota 58257
Workshop located in the luckasen Room in Campus Center building.
This free workshop is designed for producer growers who sell directly to their consumer, this one day course is designed to assist producers in recognizing and minimizing food safety risks on their farm. Using interactive techniques the presenter will involve the participants in learning methods of identifying farm food safety risks and taking corrective actions.
Topics to be covered:
- Why food safety on the farm is important
- Identifying food safety risks
- Good agricultural practices in the following areas: personal and - worker hygiene, water, soil, animals, post production and harvest practices
- Common mistakes growers make and how to prevent them
- Tips for keeping records to assist in monitoring your efforts
- Regulations – which ones do you need to know
NOTE: This workshop is for on farm food safety for growing and harvesting specialty crops and will not cover processing or cottage foods.