November 9, 2004 - Scrolling Reduction
The following changes have been added to the Work Management System to reduce scrolling.
- Overall changes:
- Font size has been decreased
- 'White space' has been reduced
- More colors are now used
- Boxes are now used
- Additional columns are now used
- Empty labels are not displayed
- On the "Main Menu" page:
- Boxes have been placed around the different menu areas.
- The 'Initiate Work' and ' Work Orders' sections have been combined into one section titled 'Work Orders'.
- The 'Add Work Order' link will always go directly to the 'Add Work Order' page. It will not go to the 'Initiate Work' page which lists the user's open work orders.
- On the Work Order pages:
- All pages use a new common Work Order Header information box.
- 'General Header' work orders will display (General Header) just before the work order number in the work order header box instead of 'General Header = Yes' lower on the page. Nothing will display if the work order is NOT a general header.
- On the Service Request pages:
- All pages use the new common Work Order Header information box and a new common Service Request Header information box.
- The service request status and history link will be in the service request header box instead of lower on the page.
- 'Internal' service requests will display (Internal) just before the request number in the service request header box instead of 'Internal Request = Yes' (or = No). Nothing will display if the service request is External.
- On the "Select Type of Service Request" page (displayed when the user selects to 'Add Service Request'):
- Boxes have been placed around the different service request areas.
- The page has been expanded into 3 columns instead of 2.
- For users in more than one department:
- On the "Work Queue" and "Main Menu" pages, the 'Select Department' link has been moved to the right and underneath the 'Logout' link.