The STAGEnet Governance Structure provides direction/support and establishes/implements policies for the statewide network and its constituencies. The STAGEnet Committees provide executive, management and technical governance.
Article I: Description
- The Executive Committee is responsible for providing strategic direction, setting priorities and providing funding.
- The Management Committee will define the services the STAGEnet network will support. The Committee will be responsible for planning, prioritizing, approving standards and policies, making service level decisions, coordinating among constituencies, communicating, and identifying and providing resources. It is accountable to the STAGEnet Executive Committee.
- The Technical Committee will provide technical advice and recommendations to the Management Committee and will be responsible to carry out projects as approved by the Management Committee.
Article II: Offices
STAGE Net is located in the Information Technology Department (ITD) of the North Dakota state government, 600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept 112, Bismarck, ND 58505-0100, (701) 328-3190.
Article III: Membership
- The Executive Committee members are the North Dakota State CIO, North Dakota University System CIO, the Education Technology Council Director and ITD's Director for Telecommunications
- Management Committee leadership is provided by ITD's Director for Telecommunications.
- Management Committee members represent the following constituent groups:
- City (1) and County Government (1)
- Higher Education (2)
- Public Elementary and High Schools (2)
- State Government Agencies (2)
- Technical Committee leaders may attend Management Committee meetings to provide technical expertise and serve as liaisons with the Technical Committee. They serve ex-officio and are ineligible to vote.
- The Technical Committee leadership is provided by a steering committee consisting of the ITD Network Architect (Committee Chairperson), a representative of NDUS, and a representative of K-12.
- The steering committee members attend the Management Committee meetings as the liaisons of the Technical Committee. The steering committee provides direction, sets the agenda and monitors activities for the Technical Committee.
- Technical Committee members represent the following constituent groups:
- City (1) and County Government (1)
- NDUS (3)
- Public Elementary and High Schools (3)
- Edutech (1)
- State Government Agencies (3)
The Executive Committee will appoint members of the Management and Technical Committees.
Article IV: Meetings
- Executive Committee meetings will be held at the request of any of its members.
- Management Committee meetings will be scheduled monthly by ITD's Associate Director of Telecommunications.
- The Technical Committee leadership will schedule monthly meetings and such Working Group meetings as are required to accomplish the work of the Committee.
A record of all meetings will be written and retained by ITD and provided to the membership
Article V: Approval Process
- Executive Committee - The ultimate decision making authority is the lawful responsibility of the North Dakota State CIO.
- The Management and Technical Committees will operate by consensus. When a consensus cannot be reached, the issue will be escalated to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee retains right of review of Management Team decisions. While members represent constituent groups, it is expected that members will act collectively for the best interests of all constituents.
Changes to these bylaws are made by their presentation at one meeting and majority approval at a following meeting.
Article VI: Management Committee Steering Committee
The Management committee will select three members from its current membership who with ITD's Director of Telecommunications carry on activities of the Management Committee between meetings. To encourage Steering Committee members to consider broader issues, no two of the three elected members should come from the same constituent group.
Article VII: Communications Process
Members shall be responsible for gathering input from the constituents they represent and distributing information back to those constituents. The Management Committee will develop and maintain a communications plan to aid in the gathering and distributing of STAGEnet information.
Article VIII: Financial
Committee member time and other costs related to participation are covered by the organization or agency which employs the member. There are no membership dues.
Related Statewide Alliance