The statewide network, known as the North Dakota Statewide Technology Access for Government and Education network (STAGEnet), was created by the 1999 legislative session. The STAGEnet Strategic Goals and Objectives focus on providing broadband connectivity, Internet access, and other networking services. All state agencies, colleges and universities, local government, and K-12 are required to participate in STAGEnet.
Through the STAGEnet Governance Structure, STAGEnet's History has been to proactively adapt to changes in STAGEnet Demographics. Up-to-date information regarding STAGEnet projects and performance is available:
The State of North Dakota’s Information Technology Department along with STAGEnet partners will develop and enhance a statewide network to service its primary consumers. STAGEnet will exist to provide a secure, reliable, and cost-effective network that has the scale and flexibility to support the convergence of data, voice, and video to meet and surpass the business objectives of government and education.
STAGEnet strives as a collaborative spirit to architect an enterprise infrastructure through partnerships with all levels of government and education. In addition, the committee will seek out partnerships with the service provider community in an effort to help deliver equal access throughout North Dakota. Past and future collaborative efforts will continue to provide great opportunities for STAGEnet. Partnering together on strategic data, video, and voice projects will continue to reshape STAGEnet for the future and provide its users an innovative communications infrastructure.
Value of a Statewide Network
- Network reliability and security is universally achieved and provided through many diverse customer requirements.
- Access continues to expand to all borders of North Dakota through new strategic opportunities provided by existing and new providers.
- Cost effective access is provided to the network’s customers through the use of cooperative architecture and volume purchasing.
- Designed to provide a wide range of services and connectivity to government and education, the network inherently provides a high degree of flexibility in addressing unique needs and new services.
- Architecture is designed to meet the needs of many customers resulting in an enterprise infrastructure where innovation can thrive and stimulate new opportunities.
- Information Technology Department
- K-12 / EduTech
- ND Association of Counties
- ND League of Cities
- ND State Agencies
- ND University Systems