Welcome to the North Dakota Statewide Interoperability Executive Committee, sometimes known as the SIEC. As a guiding committee established to improve public safety communications across the State of North Dakota, our members are committed to the representative and collaborative promotion of interoperable communications statewide.
Officially established by Governor Jack Dalrymple on September 14, 2012 under Executive Order 2012-10, the Statewide Interoperability Executive Committee, or SIEC, was envisioned as a collaboration among representatives from state agencies and responder groups from across North Dakota counties, townships and cities for the purpose of continually improving effective communication between emergency first responders, emergency management personnel and other emergency service providers critical for federal, state and local governments during an emergency.
During the 63rd Legislative Assembly, the Legislature codified the work of the SIEC, establishing the Committee as a permanent body under NDCC 37-17.3-02.1. with a diverse membership under the premise that a statewide integrated radio communication system will more effectively serve the goals of law enforcement and emergency response personnel and thereby better serve the people of North Dakota.
The 65th Legislative Assembly continued to mature the make up of the committee, adding three new members, including representatives from the House and Senate as well as adding the ND Indian Affairs Commission to the panel in order to ensure inclusion across all aspects of North Dakota public safety, planning, procurement, and operations.
The membership of the SIEC includes a diverse body of representatives from across the State as well as key state agencies, important to the daily operation, maintenance and support of current and future radio communications within North Dakota.
- North Dakota 911 Association
- North Dakota Adjutant General
- North Dakota Department of Emergency Services, State Radio Director’s Office
- North Dakota Department of Emergency Services, Division of Homeland Security
- North Dakota Department of Transportation
- North Dakota Emergency Management Association
- North Dakota Emergency Medical Services Association
- North Dakota Fire Chiefs Association (Current Vice Chair)
- North Dakota Highway Patrol
- North Dakota Chief Information Officer/Information Technology Department (Current Chair)
- North Dakota Police Chiefs Association
- North Dakota Peace Officers Association
- North Dakota Sheriff's and Deputies Association
- North Dakota Indian Affairs Commission
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, House of Representatives
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, Senate
The SIEC Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the Committee to serve two year terms. The North Dakota Chief Information Officer's designee is the current Committee Chairman, with the representative of the North Dakota Fire Chiefs Association serving as the current Vice Chair.