This plugin enables Click-to-Call functionality in Lync/Skype for Business.
1. Before installing the plugin, you must first set up a phone password. Follow the instructions detailed here.
For supported versions and prerequisites click here
2. Download the appropriate plugin for your version of Lync/Skype for Business: (32 or 64-bit versions apply to your Microsoft Office products - not your operating system)
32-bit Avaya Plugin for Lync 2010
32-bit Avaya Plugin for Lync 2013 & Skype for Business 2015-2016
64-bit Avaya Plugin for Lync 2013 & Skype for Business 2015-2016
3. Open the appropriate zip file for your PC. In this example, it will be AvayaCommunicatorForMicrosoftLync2013x86.zip
4. Next, click on the InstallLyncAddin.bat file.*
*For IT Coordinators Only - Installing the plugin with a mass deployment
5. A progress window will display.
6. Click OK when installation is complete.
7. Launch Microsoft Lync (or SFB) and Sign-in with your nd.gov credentials.
8. Launch the Avaya Lync Add-in by clicking the drop-down triangle (Show menu) right beside the gear icon (Options), "Tools," "Avaya Micosoft Lync 2013 Integration."
9. Enter the telephone password you created in the first step. Click OK.
10. The Avaya Lync Add-in should now be running at the bottom of the Lync window. Refer to the user guide to learn how to use the plugin.