Software development is the act of translating user requirements into software systems.
ITD develops, implements, operates, and supports Software that Works; on-time and on-budget. The Software Development Technologies supported by ITD are extensive, and the Software Development Vision focuses on Customer Centric Service to deliver unique benefits to state agencies.
- Business Analysis
- ITD provides business analysis services of a customer's data needs and business processes. Our business analyst will prepare a data model of the customer's data needs, document business processes, and prepare a report of findings, customer requirements, and recommendations.
- Web Development
- ITD develops web applications that provide convenient government services to citizens and create efficiencies within state government. ITD is a one-stop shop for web related services; we provide web page design, E-government application development, and web server hosting.
- Software Architecture
- At times, customers want service and/or advice in areas that ITD has achieved a high level of competency. ITD has knowledgeable and experienced software analysts that can assist with Request for Proposals, project reviews and oversight, and questions regarding development tools/languages.
- Systems Integration
- The full potential of Integrated Voice Response (IVR), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS), Basic Content Services, and Business Intelligence can only be achieved when they are tied to core business processes and applications. Within ITD, software develops work closely with other subject matter experts to ensure that customers receive integrated solutions.
- Quality Assurance
- The tools and techniques used for application testing inherently build quality into the software ITD develops. In addition, ITD extends its quality assurance resources to other government entities that do their own development work.
- Client/Server Development
- Client/Server describes the relationship between two computer programs in which one program, the client, makes a service request from another program, the server. In most cases, client software is installed on PCs and provides a robust interface that enhances the user's productivity. Server software generally consists of a database management system running in the data center.
- Legacy Development
- ITD supports COBOL, CICS, and NATURAL systems that run in the mainframe and MicroFocus Linux environments. These are customized applications that were written by ITD or purchased from vendors. It is not ITD's direction to write or to procure new applications on these platforms.
ITD’s online Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit various types of Service Requests:
- Use “Software Dev/GIS/PM/QA" for client/server, legacy, and web application development
- Use "Static Web Site Changes" for maintaining the content of a website
- Use "Load Testing" for assessing how a system will perform under demand