ITD leverages customized project management tools and templates.
Project Management Templates
- Agenda-Minutes Template
- Project Charter Template for projects over $250,000
- Project Charter Template for projects under $250,000
- Project Kickoff Meeting Agenda Template
- Progress Report Template
- Project Status Report Template
- Deliverable Acceptance Template
- Change Request Template
- Project Plan Template for projects for vendors or with budgets over $250,000
- Project Plan Template for projects with budgets under $250,000
- Project Control Register V7.2 (Sep. 22, 2015 Update)
- Project Control Register V7.2 (Time and Materials) (Sep. 22, 2015 Update)
- Project Acceptance Template
- Implementation and Transition Plan
- Post-Implementation Report Template
- Data Elements Descriptions for ITD SharePoint Project Management Collaboration Tool Lists
Project Oversight Templates
Some projects require project oversight. Templates specific to this process include:
- Project Startup Report Template
- Project Closeout Report Template
- Iterative Startup-Closeout Report Template (for programs and multi-year, iterative efforts)
- Quarterly Status Report Template (Planning Phase)
- Quarterly Status Report Template (Executing Phase)
The Project Management Guidebook provides a common methodology for managing projects within state government. It is designed to supply enough detail to guide new project managers through the process while still being valuable to those experienced in the field. The complete, original Guidebook (in .pdf format) is available for download.
The Risk Management Guidebook provides a common methodology for managing project risk within state government. Utilizing one common framework improves the state's ability to complete project successfully.
The Requirements Analysis Guidebook assists decision-makers in eliciting, analyzing, specifying, prioritizing, verifying, and negotiating business functions that a product must deliver and support. The results are captured in a Requirements Analysis deliverable.