Users with a Microsoft 365 license can reset their password or unlock their account by themselves, if they have completed the Self-Service Password Registration process prior to needing the functionality.
1. Open the web browser on a workstation or mobile device and go to Microsoft’s Self-Service Password Reset. Enter your NDGOV email address as the User ID. Enter the characters in the picture or the words in the audio. Select “Next."
2. Select "I forgot my password” to reset it or “I know my password, but still can’t sign in” to unlock it. Select “Next.”
3. Choose the contact method to use for verification. Methods are based on what you provided during the Self-Service Password Registration Process.
4. Follow the specific instructions for the method chosen. Text messages, phone calls, and emails should arrive within a minute; normally in 5-20 seconds. Note that emails occasionally get placed in the junk folder.
5. Confirmation of success should occur. If the process does not work as expected, please contact the ITD Service Desk.
Some agencies allow users to reset their password from the PC lock screen. If your agency has enabled this functionality, you will see a "Reset Password" on your PC lock screen. Click the link and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your password. Your PC must be connected to the Internet to reset your password.
Log in to view additional information.
Log in to view additional content.
The Microsoft Office 365 suite is a subscription service agencies can purchase through ITD.
Microsoft Active Directory provides a common interface for organizing/maintaining data and controlling access to users based on security policies.