A mainframe is a high-performance computer used for large-scale computing purposes that require greater availability and security than a smaller-scale machine can offer. ITD uses the IBM Z10 system.
- Emulation to Production Environment (285kb exe)
- Emulation to both Production & Migration Test Environments (286kb exe)
- Emulation to all environments - Production, Migration Test and ITD Software Development (286kb exe)
- Emulation to both Production and ITD Software Development environments (286kb exe)
BlueZone 5250 and 3270 emulators
- BlueZone 5250 and 3270 emulators (Internet Explorer Required)
- Online transaction processing – CICS CPU is generated when the central computer processes transaction programs and provides information via an on-line workstation. The processor records measurable units in CPU seconds.
- Batch processing – Batch CPU is generated when a batch computer program is processed by the central processor. The processor records measurable units in CPU seconds.
- ADABAS CPU is generated when a computer program accesses an ADABAS database. The processor records measurable units in CPU seconds. This can be accomplished via batch or on-line processing.
- TSO CPU is generated when a computer program is submitted using TSO (Time Sharing Option). The processor records measurable units CPU seconds.
- Disk storage – Disk storage is data stored on ITD's central disk storage devices. Bytes of data are stored on tracks and billed by data file. Data retrieval is extremely fast and this storage medium is used primarily when data is accessed regularly.
- Virtual tape processing – Traditional tape storage has been replaced by virtual tape volumes on disk. Virtual tape volumes are used to store data that is accessed infrequently or for backing up files stored on disk.
- Disaster recovery
- TSM Back-up to host service
- Software installation and maintenance support
- Operations support
- Job scheduling
- Fax services
- Monitor system and resolve problems
- Web access
- WAN network connection (SNA, TCP/IP)
- Delivery services-internal mail, reports and supplies
The mainframe is the classic centralized computing system. Even though the mainframe platform is not strategic to new application design, it remains a fully-supported modern platform for legacy applications.
ITD's online Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit a "General Server" service request.
Setup time will depend upon the application being installed. Please involve ITD early in the project's planning phase to ensure a timely installation of non-production and production environments.