Disk Storage & Backup
As agencies move towards less paper intensive processes (reducing physical storage costs) the need for electronic storage has increased significantly. ITD offers several levels of storage services, including automated backup services.
- Basic Storage
- Designed for non-critical data that does not require high performance or high availability.
- File Share Storage
- Designed for critical documents, images, other non-transactional data that requires high performance and high availability.
- Premium Storage
- Designed for critical database and transactional data that requires high performance and high availability.
Tapeless backup (disk-based) and tape storage is provided for all disk storage services.
Replication creates a real-time copy of data in both the primary and secondary datacenters and significantly improves recovery time in the event of a disaster.
Storage associated with non-enterprise services may be acquired either on-demand or in dedicated increments.
- Storage is billable per gigabyte of disk utilized. A traditional amount of growth is expected and additional capacity is inherently provided.
- Storage is billed per terabyte of disk allocated. It must be acquired in a minimum of 1 terabyte increments, and additional capacity must be requested with a minimum lead-time of three months.
ITD's online Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit a "General Server" service request.