Per NDCC 54-59-23.1: An executive, legislative, or judicial branch agency, except for institutions under the control of the state board of higher education, shall report to the state information technology advisory committee according to guidelines developed by the department and reviewed by the state information technology advisory committee regarding the
plan for and status of any information technology project that is estimated to cost more than five hundred thousand dollars.
Project Management Oversight provides processes, tools, templates, guidance, consulting, and administrative support in order to support this and other relevant I.T. project legislation. Funding for this service is provided through a tiered oversight fee that is charged to a project when it moves from the planning phase into the executing phase:
- 2,500.00/project for projects < $500,000*
- 7,500.00/project for projects > $500,000 and < $2,000,000
- 15,000.00/project for projects > $2,000,000 and < $5,000,000
- 25,000.00/project for projects > $5,000,000
* There are times when projects under $500,000, at the discretion of the CIO, are required to have an oversight analyst assigned. Examples may include unusually high risk projects, or projects that although estimated to be under $500,000, have a likelihood of running over the $500,000 mark when adjusted for risk factors.