The last Friday of every July System Administrators are internationally recognized. System Administrators are the people behind the scenes who keep desktops, servers and networks running.
- A sysadmin installs routers, cables and servers; configures networks, sets up firewalls; and monitors network traffic. All to ensure that the webpage found its way from the server to your computer.
- A sysadmin makes sure your network connection is safe, secure, open, and working.
- A sysadmin takes backups to protect against disasters, both human and otherwise, and holds the gates against security threats and crackers.
- A sysadmin worries about spam, viruses, spyware, power outages, fires and floods.
- A sysadmin is a professional, who plans, worries, fixes, protects and creates good computer networks.
- A sysadmin is on-call 24/7.
System Administrator Appreciation Day - July 27, 2012
On this special international day, give recognition to your System Administrators showing them that you truly appreciate their hard work and dedication.