Over the past few weeks, ITD has been planning with customers for one extended network outage on October 8. A decision has been made to instead split the effort into two segments that can be completed within standard outage windows.
Part One - October 8, 2011
- Scheduled within the first three hours of the standard network outage window: Saturday from 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Routers and switches will be removed to simplify and solidify traffic patterns around the Bismarck Metro Area
- Bismarck Quadrant (southwest quarter of the state) will not be able to access the Internet
- Services whose programs and data reside wholly inside the Bismarck Data Center will be available via the Internet
- Services outside of the Bismarck Data Center will not be available through the Internet
Part Two - Date to be Determined
- The outage will be scheduled within the standard network outage window: Saturday from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- More details will be provided once we have established the date
- Please contact the Service Desk