North Dakota 21st Century Community Learning Centers
North Dakota 21st CCLC Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) are funded through a federal grant program designated specifically to provide before, after, and summer school for students who attend schools with poverty rates of at least 40%. States receive funding from the United States Department of Education. States are required to hold a grant competition to award funds to qualifying entities.
What do North Dakota 21st CCLC Programs Provide?
Academic Focused Activities:
- The first priority for 21st CCLC programs is to offer students with a safe environment.
- Second, programs provide innovative academic focused activities 65% of the program time.
- Science Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) projects;
- Arts and Music activities;
- Physical and Movement activities that promote cognitive functioning and a healthy lifestyle; and
- Tutoring and homework help.
- Third,Programs provide cultural and family experience that involve:
For more information regarding programming, sites and contacts, click here: https://www.nd.gov/dpi/SchoolStaff/SSI/21CCLC/
- Recreation and Field Trips; and
- Family focused and participatory events.