Special Education Regional Coordinator
Starting Salary: $4,806 - $5,700/Month Plus Full State Benefit Package
The starting date is negotiable.
There are 2 Special Education Regional Coordinator positions available in the Office of Special Education. Specific areas of assignment will be determined based on applicant's expertise area.
Summary of Work
Join the ND Department of Public Instruction (NDDPI) team in carrying out our vision of helping to prepare our state’s students to be career and college ready.
- Implement and monitor IDEA federal program requirements. Develop guidance and policy.
- Participate in unit internal focused monitoring process of the local districts and special education units. Work with school districts and special education units on compliance and performance monitoring.
- Develop and offer technical assistance to local school districts and special education units.
- Serve as technical assistance lead for an assigned region of the state.
- Design and offer professional development based on data results.
- Assume primary responsibility for an assigned State Performance Plan Indicator.
- Collaborate with other state, regional, and national agencies and organizations.
- Serve as professional development and technical assistance lead for assigned disability category area.
- Serve as program lead for the Special Education Traineeship-Scholarship program and Paraprofessional training.
This position requires:
- A master's degree in Special Education or in an education-related field with an undergraduate major in Special Education.
- Five years of related professional-level experience working with students with disabilities, one year of which included administrative duties.
- Additional coursework in management or administration may substitute for the administrative work experience.
- Requires a valid ND Educator's Professional License and a Special Education Endorsement.
All applications must be made via the ND Careers site. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on 8/15/2019.
Only complete applications will be considered and must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Applicable College Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Three professional references