Special Education Regional Coordinator
Make a Difference! Join our team of dedicated professionals working together to improve educational opportunities for North Dakota children from pre-kindergarten to graduating career and college ready.
Starting Salary: $4,806 - $5,700/Month Plus Full State Benefit Package
The starting date for these positions is negotiable.
There are 2 Special Education Regional Coordinator positions available in the Office of Special Education. Specific areas of assignment will be determined based on applicant's expertise area.
Summary of Work
The Office of Special Education provides a stimulating work environment with a great variety using a team process. Plentiful professional development opportunities for leadership on disability related issues plus interaction with state and national experts make this position both rewarding and professionally challenging.
- Implement and monitor IDEA federal program requirements. Develop guidance and policy.
- Participate in unit internal focused monitoring process of the local school districts and special education units. Work with school districts and special education units on compliance and performance monitoring.
- Develop and offer technical assistance to local school districts and special education units.
- Serve as technical assistance lead for an assigned region of the state.
- Design and offer professional development based on data results.
- Assume primary responsibility for an assigned State Performance Plan Indicator.
- Collaborate with other state, regional, and national agencies and organizations.
- Serve as professional development and technical assistance lead for assigned disability category area.
- Serve as program lead for the Special Education Traineeship-Scholarship program and Paraprofessional training.
This position requires:
- A master's degree in Special Education or in an education-related field with an undergraduate major in Special Education.
- Five years of related professional-level experience working with students with disabilities, one year of which included administrative duties.
- Additional coursework in management or administration may substitute for the administrative work experience.
- Requires a valid ND Educator's Professional License and a Special Education Endorsement.
All applications must be made via the ND Careers site. Paper or e-mailed submissions are no longer accepted. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on October 14, 2019.
Only complete applications will be considered and must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references
Note: Copies of applicable transcripts (need not be official) will be required upon hire.
The cover letter and the application materials must clearly explain how your education, work experience and skills meet the minimum qualifications and relate to the job duties in the work summary.
For more information, assistance or accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact Linda Gibbins at 701-328-2262.